Saturday, January 5, 2008

Turkey and Stuffing: A Stunning Reemergence of Deliciousness


Those of you who've been with Army 2.0 since the early days will recall what an impact Turkey and Stuffing (capital T and capital S) had on my first few days back in the Army.

But after screaming into town like a banshee, Turkey and Stuffing were gone from my life with a whimper...

Sure, their was a Thanksgiving resurgence, but that's a cyclical thing--nothing notable about eating Turkey on the 4th Thursday of November.

Which brings us to the present. I didn't want to say anything after the first time I had Turkey and Stuffing here in Afghanistan. I felt like it was too early to broach the subject after the second and third times T&S were served (and consumed) at my friendly, neighborhood Dining Facility.

But today, after my fourth--count it--FOURTH T&S meal in a mere 2 week period?? Folks, I think it's safe to say that T&S are back, and they are here to stay.

Of course, a lot of the haters out there are going to say that the T&S Surge is a function of the holiday season...that my belly is happily filled w/ sleep inducing proteins and carbs because we're barely past the 12th day of Christmas, and the folks who serve us chow can't quite let go of the holiday spirit just yet.

To all of you out there, I say this: We can and will sustain the T&S surge as long as it takes. Those individuals who hate our Turkey and fear our Stuffing must either submit themselves to the inevitability of Turkeyocracy, or face the punishing consequences of our Stuffing-vengeance.

And know this, dear readers--I will continue to fight such hatred and ignorance here, at the Forward Edge of Freedom, so that you will never--and I mean NEVER--have to fight for your Turkey and Stuffing back home.

That's all I have tonight. Love to all, and look for stats tomorrow, and Weekly Roundup and General Awesomeness on Monday.

1 comment:

unhappycamper said...

I think someone got a good deal on turkeys and purchased a bunch o them after Thanksgiving. Burgers one month, chicken the next followed by steak followed by whatever. They used to do the same thing in Vietnam.

If you can get a can of Super C Ham & Lima Beans, treat yourself to the worse meal ever. We used this stuff for baseballs - it was messy, but we had fun.


Peace,
uhc