Thursday, June 21, 2007

Getting Ready to Head To Jackson


It looks like Saturday is the day. I'm gonna hop in the trusty CRV, and drive to South Carolina to report for in-processing and training. I spent today running various errands, and generally making sure that I have all the necessary paperwork (signed leases, marriage license, etc.) to hand over to the Army. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my friendly neighborhood Army post (Fort Belvoir--where Lauren and I got married) to pick up things like Army t-shirts and Army socks. My life...you know you want it.

Why the shopping trip you ask? Well, back in the halcyon days of my MBA training back in Berkeley, I gave most of my old Army stuff away to good will. So while the homeless folks of the greater Oakland metropolitan area are no doubt decked out in high quality, authentic Captain Exnicios gear, I myself am left with plenty of supplies to refill.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I have a few canteens that you can have. They probably have not been opened since I left Alaska but the price is right.

Oh, I also have that fancy hat that goes with dress blues. It's yours!